On March 29th, 2021 the Cambridge Assessments International Examination announced the cancellation of International GCSE and International AS/A Level examinations. Following the directive of the Ministry of Education it has decided to cancel the examinations, and have confirmed that they will use School Assessed Grades (SAGS) based on teacher assessment to promote the students.
However, there will be no change in the school works, lessons and assessments. All students are expected to remain focused on their studies.
What are School Assessed Grades (SAGS)?
In countries, and regions of countries, where government directives mean that exams cannot take place, schools are advised to switch from exams to school-assessed grades using student work. So that students can progress despite the impact of the pandemic (School-assessed grades).
How do SAGS work?
- The schools are asked to provide an assessed grade based on the level of achievement that each student has demonstrated.
- To assess this grade, schools should identify a portfolio of three substantial pieces of work from each student in every syllabus.
- Schools will be asked to submit grades to Cambridge International between mid-May and late June.
- The schools will be asked to share details of the internal quality assurance processes they have followed while creating portfolios of student work, and when submitting assessed grades. The Cambridge International will also carry out external quality assurance checks on grades submitted (School-assessed grades).
For more details visit cambridgeinternational.org
Having trouble understanding these concepts? Do you want assistance from a subject matter expert to brainstorm ideas and evaluate your presentation? Here, at Vidyalai we help you achieve the grade you aspire for. Our SMEs are trained and experienced tutors who will provide you with each and every help when required.
We are just a click away. Request your first lesson now. We guarantee 100% satisfaction on your first session, if you are not satisfied,the session will be absolutely free
- "School-assessed grades" https://www.cambridgeinternational.org/covid/june-2021-exam-series/school-assessed-grades/. Accessed 01 Apr. 2021.